Sunday, September 29, 2013

COOKING ON A BOAT




I have a big kitchen at home with every possible amenity. So only having a tiny microwave that needs replacing and 2 burners took me out of my comfort zone. I read an article on line that pressure cookers were great for one pot fast easy cook up and clean up on boats.

So I dug out a Bravetti 8qrt electric pressure cooker I bought on HSN.COM many years ago and has since lived unused in a cabinet.
Then came the task of finding pressure cooker recipes. Really there are not alot out there. My particular pressure cooker works in 3 ways a) as an electric pressure cooker, b) as a slow cooker/crockpot c) soup maker.

The blog where I have found the best recipes and instructions is:
http://peggyunderpressure.com

My first recipe in the pressure cooker was


OXTAILS AND CHORIZO
http://peggyunderpressure.com/2013/02/spanish-chorizo-oxtails/


INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 lbs Oxtails
  • 1/4 lb of cured Chorizo, chopped
  • 1 can whole Tomatoes
  • 1 cup Red wine
  • 1 large Onion, chopped
  • 4 medium Carrots, chopped
  • 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 Bay leaves
  • 1 tsp Paprika
  • 2 tsp caldo de tomato granules
  • 2 TB mandarin balsamic vinegar
  • ** My additions

SERVE WITH:

  • Chopped Parsley or Chopped Green Onions
  • Splash of Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
** I served over mashed potatoes and topped with a splash of mandarin balsamic as well as the green onions and parsley


In addition to this recipe I made Baked potatoes in the pressure cooker and used up some left overs to make a Mexican spiced steak stew over rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment